1. What is the name of your character? Zack Lindstrom
2. Is she fictional or a historic person? Fictional
3. When and where is the story set? In the fictional town of Littleton, Pennsylvania, a small town in the middle of nowhere, about two hours outside of Philadelphia, with some very interesting residents. It is a contemporary time period.
4. What should we know about him? Zack is former military who now works for a private security company. After the death of his brother and partner, he takes some time to figure out what he needs to do with his life. He likes fast cars, fast women, and no roots. Oh, and he has powers, though he denies them because the “other” world is what got his brother killed.
5. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? He heads to Littleton to look up an old friend and try to get his head back in place, but when he arrives, he meets Phoebe (by running into her, literally, with his bike) and the rest of the Keepers and Protectors. He is informed that he is a Protector – but he wants nothing to do with this bunk. Magic? Yeah. Right. Except that he can see things in the fires Phoebe raises. And knows how to wield a sword like he was born to it. Plus his brother and grandmother convince him this is his destiny – even though they’re both dead. He doesn’t want roots. He doesn’t want responsibility. That just leads to people he loves being killed. But he can’t turn away from friends who need his help.
6. What is the personal goal of the character? His goal is to atone for his brother’s death, even though it wasn’t his fault, and learn to be comfortable with his life as it is now. He needs people who care about him, and to be needed.
7. Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? The book is called “The Ruby Key” and is the second in the Crystal Keys series.
8. When can we expect the book to be published or when was it published? The book will be available in the beginning of November from Liquid Silver Press.