My Writing Partner
Writing is a solitary occupation—at least the first part of the book writing process is done alone. I do most of my writing sitting in my La-Z-Boy chair or if I want a change of scenery, I head out to a café.
When I write at home, I have an assistant. Here she is…meet Bella.
Bella’s job—as she sees it:
1. To make sure I don’t suffer from bottom spread. She nags me with loud barks when it’s time for me to do some exercise.
2. To take regular meal breaks. Again, her barking gets my attention, but she also comes to me chair and makes sure I haven’t missed the message that it’s food time.
3. To collect the mail. She likes to know that we can afford to pay for her food during the coming month and likes checks almost as much as I do.
4. To discourage door-to-door salesmen. No one should distract her partner when she’s in writing mode.
5. To suggest plotting breaks. She signals this by appearing with a tennis ball or her favorite toy.
6. To dispense cuddles when the writing isn’t going well. She edges her way onto my chair, nudging the laptop out of the way.
We have a pretty good partnership, Bella and I, and her excellent understanding of what makes a happy author brings fun to my writing process.
CONTEST: Do you have someone who helps you during the writing process or when you’re reading? Answer this question and complete the rafflecopter below to go into a draw to win an Amazon gift certificate.
Here’s the blurb:
He wears his scars on the outside. She keeps hers safe inside.
Charlotte Dixon ignores her stepmother’s edict and, in an act of disobedience, attends one of the social events of the year—a masquerade costume ball. Charlotte’s naughtiness escalates when she dances and smooches with a sexy mystery man. The night of anonymous passion that follows makes her yearn for a different life, but the next day she’s back to her dull routine of household management.
Advertising tycoon, Ash Marlborough is about to set a private investigator on the trail of his nameless princess when she waltzes right into his place of work. Charlotte is shocked to meet her masked man in the flesh, and even more perturbed when he asks her out on a date. Despite craving another night of sexy loving, she doesn’t have time for a man, not when she wants to reinvent herself and grasp a new, improved life with both hands. But Ash knows what he wants, and he’s determined to win the heart of his princess. Let the dance of seduction commence.
Warning: Contains a conniving stepmother, selfish stepsisters, a grandmother with fairy godmother tendencies and a sexy masked man who is willing to face them all for the love of a good woman.
Smashwords – http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/305070
~ * ~
Shelley Munro is tall and curvaceous with blue eyes and a smile that turns masculine heads everywhere she goes. She’s a university tutor and an explorer/treasure hunter during her vacations. Skilled with weapons and combat, she is currently in talks with a producer about a television series based on her world adventures.
Shelley is also a writer blessed with a VERY vivid imagination and lives with her very own hero in New Zealand. She writes mainly erotic romance in the contemporary, paranormal and historical genres for publishers Carina Press, Ellora’s Cave and Samhain Publishing. You can learn more about Shelley and her books at http://www.shelleymunro.com.
AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: http://www.amazon.com/Shelley-Munro/e/B001JOWGNK